Monday, May 17, 2021

Rustic Apple Tarts

I've been at a loss for a long time about the best option for a pie crust. They often stuck horribly to the pie pan and were dense and chewy. Yuck. Which is a shame, as a fruit-based dessert is such an obvious answer for LPLD. So maybe the answer is to free the pie from the pan? I made these rustic apple tarts and instead of butter I used half coconut oil, and half MCT oil. Not perfect for LPL, but they were certainly delicious! Lighter crust, one actually worth eating. I skipped the butter entirely in the filling, and used just egg white for making the pastry extra golden - turned out great. Don't forget the dusting of flour before you put the apples in, it really made a difference - the ones I forgot to dust ended up leaking apple juice and burning on the edges from it. Still tasty, but not quite as pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment